Ok so I have a confession to make. I don't really "measure" for these recipes. I don't use a standard measuring device (measuring spoons in particular). What I do use is an actual teaspoon...you know the ones we eat our cereal with. Just thought I would let you know because there is a difference. Eventually I'll convert these recipes to the standard measurements.
Just for your information, most mothers back home never measured their ingredients. I guess I picked up on those little habits...can't help it! Sorry.
1 lbs ground chicken
3 Tbsp oil
1 med onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp ginger garlic paste (or 1/2 of each, freshly minced)
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp red chili pepper (or to taste; you can omit if you wish)
1/4 tsp corriander powder
pinch garam masala
1 can/jar your favourite pasta sauce
dash Italian seasoning
12-15 lasagna noodles, uncooked (I prefer whole wheat and some spinich noodles in between)
2 cups mozerella cheese, shredded
Parmasean cheese and Italian seasoning for garnishing
9 x 11 baking pan
Before you begin: Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Add oil to a frying pan. Add onions and saute until light golden. Then add the ginger garlic paste and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the ground chicken and cook until the meat is white. Meanwhile, fill a large pot with water and cook the lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Add all the spices and fry the meat until golden and water has evaporated.
- Sprinkle the ground chicken with a dash of Italian seasoning and pour in your pasta sauce. Let cook on medium until it boils, them reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 min.
- By this time the noodles should be done. Drain the water.
- In a 9" x 11" baking pan, pour a little of your prepared pasta sauce and spread. Lay down your first layer of lasagna noodles. Add sauce to the tops of each noodle and top with some cheese. Repeat until all your layers are complete. Do not top your lasagna with cheese yet. Leave it with sauce only. Cover with foil and place in the oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Take pan out of the oven, uncover and top lasagna with cheese. Sprinkle with a dash if seasoning and place back in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is light golden.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for about 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into squares and serve with your favourite steamed veggies like carrots, broccoli, green beans, etc...and some fresh salad.