My DD2 is allergic to dairy so I came up with this very, very simple version of the typical French Toast.
2 eggs, large
2 tbsp sugar
2-3 bread slices, 100% whole wheat
icing sugar, cinnamon (optional)
- Place non-stick pan on stove on medium heat. Place few teaspoons of oil for frying.
- Whip up eggs and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Dip bread slices one at a time. Place each slice on the non-stick pan.
- Cook both sides until cooked through and goldern brown.
- Place on a plate and sprinkle with icing sugar and/or cinnamon.
Tip for picky eaters: DD2 sometimes gives a hard time eating eggs so I make this recipe only using one egg and once slice of bread. I'll leave the bread in the egg mixture until it is completely saturated and then fry. This way, she'll eat an egg and not even know it...is that called cheating??